xmlbeans and maven

Rolf Schumacher
is the xmlbeans maven plugin still recommendable?

I used to use xmlbeans a lot till the project went to sleep. I see that
it is alive again - for a while now - and would restart my usage.
However I see that the newest xmlbeans-maven-plugin 2.3.3 is very old. I
wonder if it has kept up and is using the newest scomp for generation?

Re: xmlbeans and maven

kiwiwings

On 26.10.20 08:00, Rolf Schumacher wrote:
> is the xmlbeans maven plugin still recommendable?
>
> I used to use xmlbeans a lot till the project went to sleep. I see that it is alive again - for a while now - and would restart my usage. However I see that the newest xmlbeans-maven-plugin 2.3.3 is very old. I wonder if it has kept up and is using the newest scomp for generation?

TL;DR: use the SchemaCompiler directly - adapting the codehaus plugin isn't yet planned, but possible.

If you want to use the JPMS repackage feature - as we do with POI now - you would need to use the SchemaCompiler directly.
I've just recently fixed our maven build to include that call:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/poi/trunk/sonar/ooxml-schema/pom.xml?view=markup#l65

Apart of that I haven't really looked at the sources of xmlbeans-maven-plugin.
At least it's ASL licensed, so we could adapt it in our dist - with different group name.