specification / RFC for OLE2

Joe Cyboski
Does anyone have any infomation on where I could find the details or
specification for Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format.

In particular I need to find out if a certain sequence of characters
could apear in a document.

I have an application that reads files over a socket and uses similar
communication to SMTP. That is I signify the end of the data with a
\r\n.\r\n    (thats carriage return, newline, period, cariage return,
newline).

I know that this string could very easily be found in a normal text
file, however I wanted to make sure that I would not be discovered in a
Microsoft Excel / Word document.

any help would be apreciated. If I am posting to the wrong group I
apologize,  but in my searches this seems the only place to have any
infomation on the subject.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: specification / RFC for OLE2

Andrew Oliver
SMTP requires you escape \r\n.\r\n (the . is doubled).  There is nothing
preventing them from appearing in the document.  That being said the
document would have to be mime encoded anyhow so even if they WERE in
the document they would be there as UUENCODED bytes and thus not be
recognized as such.

-Andy

.

Joe Cyboski wrote:

> Does anyone have any infomation on where I could find the details or
> specification for Microsoft's OLE 2 Compound Document format.
>
> In particular I need to find out if a certain sequence of characters
> could apear in a document.
>
> I have an application that reads files over a socket and uses similar
> communication to SMTP. That is I signify the end of the data with a
> \r\n.\r\n    (thats carriage return, newline, period, cariage return,
> newline).
>
> I know that this string could very easily be found in a normal text
> file, however I wanted to make sure that I would not be discovered in a
> Microsoft Excel / Word document.
>

> any help would be apreciated. If I am posting to the wrong group I
> apologize,  but in my searches this seems the only place to have any
> infomation on the subject.
>

> Thanks,
> Joe

Re: specification / RFC for OLE2