read a txt file

password password
Hi,

  I have a problem with a text file (.txt),  I would like to reed it with the Library POI. I have an application that it read a excel file and it is working well.

Now I am going to procces a text file, in this file is the same information that the excel file.  My problem is that I can not read this text file (.txt) with POI.

is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

---------------------------------

Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qu? es nuevo, aqu?
http://correo.yahoo.es

AW: read a txt file

KHZ (SAW)
Hi.

POI doesn't handle text files. You could read the text file with normal
Java means (instead of reading an Excel file) and do POI handling on the
write side.

Regards, Karl-Heinz.

  I have a problem with a text file (.txt),  I would like to reed it
with the Library POI. I have an application that it read a excel file
and it is working well.

Now I am going to procces a text file, in this file is the same
information that the excel file.  My problem is that I can not read this
text file (.txt) with POI.

is there any way to do this?

Thanks.

---------------------------------

Correo Yahoo!
Comprueba qué es nuevo, aquí
http://correo.yahoo.es

RE: read a txt file

Lansdale Redmond
Why not just use a FileReader , BufferReader class to read text files?

Re: read a txt file

acoliver
Guys, seriously.  I know you want to be helpful but you'll inundate this
list with "hello world" posts and there will be too much "how to use
Java" posts for this to continue to be a useful resource for POI.  I
know what I'm talking about.  Please refrain from answering non-POI
questions here.  If you want to be helpful, refer them to another list
such as the forums on java.sun.com or the Java Tutorial.  Its not being
"unhelpful", "unfriendly" or mean its just being sensible.

-andy

Lansdale Redmond wrote:

> Why not just use a FileReader , BufferReader class to read text files?

Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.

Java to Excel using POI