next version of poi

Anuyaa muley
Hello,

It would be helpful to know when would be next release or approx release cycle schedule for the apache poi library ? We are planning to upgrade the library from 4.0.1 to the latest version.
Looking at the change log it seems that poi can release in as little as 3 months. Knowing the release cycle it would be helpful to plan the upgrade, as we would want the latest version.

Change log - http://poi.apache.org/changes.html#4.1.1

Thank you,
Ankita

Re: next version of poi

kiwiwings
Hello Ankita,

> Looking at the change log it seems that poi can release in as little as 3 months.
This was the plan once ... currently our committer base is a bit ... busy somewhere else, I guess.
So usually we wait for enough changes to accumulate or if we discover/fix a regression to be provided soonish.
Although most part of rolling the release is scripted and a matter of executing a few commands, we and Tika always run a regression test on a big corpus, which also consumes some time.

So if there's a specific change which you are depending on, you can always ask nicely for a new release - but currently I don't see the need to push out releases every three months.

Best wishes,
Andi