macros in xlsx and xls

Sekhar P
hi,
how to list macros in xls and xlsx files using apache poi
can some one advise on this?

thank you
Sekhar

Re: macros in xlsx and xls

Sekhar P
Just want to add more information to my initial question:
i need to detect if there is any HYPERLINK macro in xls/xlsx files and reject them, looks like we need to read each cell to verify this. Is there any way to get the list of Macros or HYPERLINK macros at the workbook level instead of reading each cell.

Thank you
Sekhar

On 2019/07/27 02:39:11, Sekhar P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hi,
> how to list macros in xls and xlsx files using apache poi
> can some one advise on this?
>
> thank you
> Sekhar

Re: macros in xlsx and xls

Mark Murphy
I'm pretty sure macros are not implemented.

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 6:43 PM Sekhar P <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just want to add more information to my initial question:
> i need to detect if there is any HYPERLINK macro in xls/xlsx files and
> reject them, looks like we need to read each cell to verify this. Is there
> any way to get the list of Macros or HYPERLINK macros at the workbook level
> instead of reading each cell.
>
> Thank you
> Sekhar
>
> On 2019/07/27 02:39:11, Sekhar P <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > hi,
> > how to list macros in xls and xlsx files using apache poi
> > can some one advise on this?
> >
> > thank you
> > Sekhar

Re: macros in xlsx and xls

Tim Allison
I'm sorry for my delay.  I've been meaning to respond.

Code from Tika might be useful.  We do extract macros with POI; but we
don't do it based on links in xlsx.

For ooxml:
https://github.com/apache/tika/blob/master/tika-parsers/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/parser/microsoft/ooxml/AbstractOOXMLExtractor.java#L415

For regular OLE2:
https://github.com/apache/tika/blob/master/tika-parsers/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/parser/microsoft/OfficeParser.java#L312

And, of course, ppt does its completely different/own thing:
https://github.com/apache/tika/blob/master/tika-parsers/src/main/java/org/apache/tika/parser/microsoft/HSLFExtractor.java#L283