download only part of xlsx-file to obtain column header

download only part of xlsx-file to obtain column header

oogolov
Is it possible to download only part of huge excel file to obtain column headers and first 10 records?

Re: download only part of xlsx-file to obtain column header

Jörn Franke
You mean download or read?
You can use the streaming / event API for low footprint reading

> On 18. Jul 2017, at 22:37, oogolov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is it possible to download only part of huge excel file to obtain column
> headers and first 10 records?

RE: download only part of xlsx-file to obtain column header

Allison, Timothy B.
Y. +1 for the streaming/event API.  It can be tricky with the SharedStrings file.  When I implemented a "stop after the first 10 rows" reader with the Streaming API, I found that it didn't help with speed on some files...what was happening was that these files contained large narratives, and the entire SharedStrings component was being read in and stored in memory.