dependency on ooxml-schemas?

Tim Allison
All,

  I've been away from POI for a bit, and Andi has done some amazing work.
THANK YOU!

  The build works as it should on the commandline, but what's the
recommendation for adding ooxml-schemas as a dependency in the IDE?

  Should I run a full build and then create my own lib/poi-ooxml-schemas
directory and stick the jar there?

  Apologies if I'm missing the obvious (likely).

         Cheers,

                      Tim

Re: dependency on ooxml-schemas?

kiwiwings
Hi Tim,

the build runs currently on the not-yet released XmlBeans 4.0.
The reason for this is the move to JigSaw modules and I'd like to make sure that POI and XmlBeans runs smoothly together before releasing both.
So please use XmlBeans 4.0 [1] and the poi-ooxml-schemas of the current POI build.

What is Tikas plan to move to modules?

Best wishes,
Andi

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-XMLBeans-DSL-1.8/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/build/

On 13.08.20 20:06, Tim Allison wrote:

> All,
>
>   I've been away from POI for a bit, and Andi has done some amazing work.
> THANK YOU!
>
>   The build works as it should on the commandline, but what's the
> recommendation for adding ooxml-schemas as a dependency in the IDE?
>
>   Should I run a full build and then create my own lib/poi-ooxml-schemas
> directory and stick the jar there?
>
>   Apologies if I'm missing the obvious (likely).
>
>          Cheers,
>
>                       Tim

Re: dependency on ooxml-schemas?

Tim Allison
Thank you, Andi!  That's very helpful.

For Tika, Bob Paulin contributed a beautifully maven-modularized branch a
while ago.  I'm going to start folding that into our main branch fairly
soon.  I'm hoping we can jigsaw-modularize (to the degree possible) as well
at roughly the same time for Tika 2.0.  So, maybe end of September?  I'm
not committing to 2020, though, could be September 2021. :D

Thank you, again.

Cheers,

            Tim