XMLBeans command line scripts

fanningpj@apache.org
Hi,
The linux _setlib script did not work for me on my Macbook. I have modified it using https://github.com/apache/xmlbeans/commit/1c1841ec068c921c7684db89a9b21e3a571825f0

Would anyone be able to try this on their machines? For instance, test with the scomp script for generating source files based on an xsd. I will double check the Windows script at some stage but it looks correct.

Re: XMLBeans command line scripts

kiwiwings
Hi Devs,

can we remove those command line stubs? ... they feel so 1999 :)

I would prefer to have an updated documentation page (http://xmlbeans.apache.org/guide/Tools.html).
I guess developers are used to using "java -cp lib/* <tool class> <args...>"

Btw. I'm just integrating the xmlbeans maven plugin ... hope to be finished soon.

Andi

On 27.02.21 14:11, [hidden email] wrote:
> Hi,
> The linux _setlib script did not work for me on my Macbook. I have modified it using https://github.com/apache/xmlbeans/commit/1c1841ec068c921c7684db89a9b21e3a571825f0
>
> Would anyone be able to try this on their machines? For instance, test with the scomp script for generating source files based on an xsd. I will double check the Windows script at some stage but it looks correct.

Re: XMLBeans command line scripts

PJ Fanning
I'm not a big fan of maintaining linux/windows command line scripts but would prefer them to handwriting java command line scripts.

If we were to change approach, I would prefer something like gradle scripts.