XMLBeans bugs / build / commit

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

XMLBeans bugs / build / commit

kiwiwings
Hi *,

I have modified the XMLBeans build and now quite a few problems arise when running the junit tests, e.g. :

- the incremental schema loading doesn't seem to working
- when using xerces 2.11 (not sure if any xerces would work), ID attributes aren't set, so <dom>.getElementById() doesn't work
- there's no META-INF/services directory containing the property files for the xpath services

besides that, a lot of tests fail - I've already fixed most side-effects of the new build (I guess ...), but now I would prefer to check-in my modifications for all of us to decide which features we try to fix or simply @Ignore.

Is this ok for you?

The XMLBeans.jar can be packaged without problems and I still need to copy over a few of the release, rat-check and forbidden-apis targets. Currently I have 2 production and 350 test file changes.

Best wishes,
Andi


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XMLBeans bugs / build / commit

pj.fanning
The META-INF/services files appear in xmlbeans-xpath-2.6.0.jar.

       50  07-23-2012 15:42  
META-INF/services/org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.PathDelegate.SelectPathInterface
       52  07-23-2012 15:42  
META-INF/services/org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.QueryDelegate.QueryInterface

Since that jar was needed for POI and relies on an old version of saxon, I
didn't prioritise supporting it.

It's probably ok to put the equivalent files in xmlbeans' own
META-INF/services folder but the main usage of the files is for xpath/xquery
support, maybe it is time to start creating the xmlbeans-xpath jars again
and including them on the classpaths for the tests that need those files to
be available.

The files are in xmlbeans/src/xpath_xquery but get renamed in the building
of the xmlbeans-xpath jar.




--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XMLBeans bugs / build / commit

kiwiwings
I've found new errors, so I've decided to get as much of the tests running ... for now.

When generating the bootstrap xsds (for xml.xsd, xmlschema.xsd), first an old xbean.jar is used.
My build also uses this approach, but in a second run the old xbean.jar is ignored
and only the classes of the current codebase are used.
I had to fix the code generation for attributes, because it differed to the old generated classes
and were wrong. As the generated classes differs, I'm not so sure, if the old build really uses the current generator classes.

The reason for all this effort is, that I want to have all test sources loaded in my IDE without missing generated sources and I also want to be able to simple test from the IDE.

I haven't yet changed the module structure of the code base, but that is on my todo, after the tests are green.
This whole submoduling of the source doesn't make sense to me - in the end there is the one xmlbeans.jar.

Andi


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]