[VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

pj.fanning
I would like to complete an xmlbeans 3.0.2 release this week.
Can I call a vote?
The changes are listed in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-520?jql=project%20%3D%20XMLBEANS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Version%203.0.2%22

Here's my +1.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

kiwiwings
I'm +0, as I'm off (on holiday) this week without my development equipment.
The changes were small enough, so there shouldn't be a lot of surprises.

Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

Hi PJ,

3.0.1 was built with 1.8.0_172-b11 (Oracle Corporation), 3.0.2 is built
with 1.7.0_181-b01 (Azul Systems, Inc.) and as a result almost all .class
files are different, whereas I would expect only a few different ones based
on the small list of changes. Is that on purpose?

Thanks... Dominik.

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 7:29 PM pj.fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to complete an xmlbeans 3.0.2 release this week.
> Can I call a vote?
> The changes are listed in
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-520?jql=project%20%3D%20XMLBEANS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Version%203.0.2%22
>
> Here's my +1.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

pj.fanning
I've been using the Oracle 8 JDK as my default for a while but thought that
for building XMLBeans it would be better to use an older JDK since we
support JDK 6 and above. JDK 6 is not easily installed on Macs so I thought
JDK 7 was a better bet.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
As long as the resulting bytecode targets JVM 1.6 bytecode, it should not matter which JDK is used for compilation. I don't remember exactly where in the `build.gradle` the `jvmTarget: "1.6"` has to be defined, but it would be pretty much all...

⁣Gesendet mit BlueMail ​

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

kiwiwings
Please keep in mind that the compiler target version doesn't check for API
restrictions. So to play safe, I would prefer compiling it with the latest
JDK 6.

How about setting up a Jenkins build?

Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

Mark Murphy
Have we been getting any bug notifications for XMLBeans? Or have we ever
notified the projects that have dependencies on XMLBeans that it is revived
and taking bug reports again?

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 1:29 PM pj.fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to complete an xmlbeans 3.0.2 release this week.
> Can I call a vote?
> The changes are listed in
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-520?jql=project%20%3D%20XMLBEANS%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22Version%203.0.2%22
>
> Here's my +1.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

pj.fanning
No external parties have reported bugs.

I did notify a few external projects about the release of 3.0.0 and some
upgraded to it.

If people have issues, there is enough documentation on the web that I would
expect them to be able to find the POI mailing list or the XMLBeans JIRA.

1 non-POI person did comment on an XMLBeans JIRA recently.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/XMLBEANS/summary

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

pj.fanning
I've created a basic build job at
https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-XMLBeans-DSL-1.6

I downloaded the zip/tgz/jar files from the build (built using JDK 1.6).

I replaced the artifacts in the staging repos:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/xmlbeans/xmlbeans/3.0.2/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/xmlbeans/

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

pj.fanning
XMLBeans 3 has similar XML parser factory code to POI and with the reported
issues and fixes we've done for POI 4.0.1, I was hoping to release similar
fixes for XMLBeans 3.0.2.

Would it be feasible to get XMLBeans 3.0.2 reviewed?

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html