[VOTE] Apache POI 4.0.1 release (RC2)

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 4.0.1 (RC2).

The most notable changes in this release are:

- dependency updates to XMLBeans 3.0.2 / Bouncycastle 1.60
- XSSF: import chart on drawing
- XDDF: Define XDDF user model for text body, its paragraphs and text runs
- OPC: fixes on the newly introduced commons compress usage

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.0.1-RC2/

All tests pass. ASC files verify and SHA* are correct.
There's no clutter in the src/bin packages.

There's a new OOXMLLite mechanism, please also check poi-ooxml-schemas.

Please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open until we have have feedback from Tims and Dominiks common crawl results.

Planned release announcement date is 2018-12-03.

Here is my +1

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.0.1 release (RC2)

pj.fanning
+1

Thanks for all the hard work getting this over the line.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.0.1 release (RC2)

Tim Allison
+1

Reports are available here:
http://162.242.228.174/reports/reports_poi_4_0_1-rc2.tgz

Thank you, Andi!
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:01 PM Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 4.0.1 (RC2).
>
> The most notable changes in this release are:
>
> - dependency updates to XMLBeans 3.0.2 / Bouncycastle 1.60
> - XSSF: import chart on drawing
> - XDDF: Define XDDF user model for text body, its paragraphs and text runs
> - OPC: fixes on the newly introduced commons compress usage
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.0.1-RC2/
>
> All tests pass. ASC files verify and SHA* are correct.
> There's no clutter in the src/bin packages.
>
> There's a new OOXMLLite mechanism, please also check poi-ooxml-schemas.
>
> Please vote to release the artifacts.
> The vote keeps open until we have have feedback from Tims and Dominiks common crawl results.
>
> Planned release announcement date is 2018-12-03.
>
> Here is my +1
>
> Andi

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 4.0.1 release (RC2)

Reports from my regression tests are available, no failures compared to
4.0.0 are shown any more now that I managed to run with much more main
memory. Also the number of OOMs is down to 39 overall now.

See
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/index400RC1to401RC2.html
and
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reportsAll/index400RC1to401RC2.html
for details

So I am +1 as well

Thanks... Dominik.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 6:57 PM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1
>
> Reports are available here:
> http://162.242.228.174/reports/reports_poi_4_0_1-rc2.tgz
>
> Thank you, Andi!
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:01 PM Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 4.0.1 (RC2).
> >
> > The most notable changes in this release are:
> >
> > - dependency updates to XMLBeans 3.0.2 / Bouncycastle 1.60
> > - XSSF: import chart on drawing
> > - XDDF: Define XDDF user model for text body, its paragraphs and text
> runs
> > - OPC: fixes on the newly introduced commons compress usage
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/4.0.1-RC2/
> >
> > All tests pass. ASC files verify and SHA* are correct.
> > There's no clutter in the src/bin packages.
> >
> > There's a new OOXMLLite mechanism, please also check poi-ooxml-schemas.
> >
> > Please vote to release the artifacts.
> > The vote keeps open until we have have feedback from Tims and Dominiks
> common crawl results.
> >
> > Planned release announcement date is 2018-12-03.
> >
> > Here is my +1
> >
> > Andi

[RESULT] [VOTE] Apache POI 4.0.1 release (RC2)

kiwiwings
The vote has passed with 4x +1 from POI PMCs.

I'll now release the artifacts and announce it on Monday.

Andi.