User defined Function : Urgent

nchandra
I am looking to define new function in excel. I am new to POI api.

Is ther any support for functions and defining new functions? I need
to write a function string in an excel sheet (other than already
defined function) and then define the way this function computes
values (it contacts other
servers for getting data). I dont want to use VBA.
Kindly suggest if by making changes in the source code, can this be done.

Right now, I can write the function formula in a cell using
cellsetformula but when I try opening it in Excel 2000, it crashes.
What can be the reason?