Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

ranzhang35
if there are 100 data points for X-axis, instead of showing 100 tick marks, I
just want to show 10 tick marks and have labels (10. 20. 30…) under each
tick mark.

can someone tell me how to do it in POI 3.17?

I think in POI 4.0.0, there is xddf chart type which allows set the scaling
of axis, but xddf isn't available in POI 3.17.

Re: Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

Robert Cochran
It would be better for you to stop using the word “urgent” in your subject line. The fact is, your rush is not an emergency for mailing list readers. I consider it to have a bullying flavor.

Why not use a little politeness instead of attempting to rush others for your personal purposes?

Thanks

Bob

> On Oct 4, 2018, at 11:34 AM, ranzhang35 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> if there are 100 data points for X-axis, instead of showing 100 tick marks, I
> just want to show 10 tick marks and have labels (10. 20. 30…) under each
> tick mark.
>
> can someone tell me how to do it in POI 3.17?
>
> I think in POI 4.0.0, there is xddf chart type which allows set the scaling
> of axis, but xddf isn't available in POI 3.17.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-User-f2280730.html

Re: Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

Crocker, David-2
quite

On 10/4/18, 9:41 AM, "Bob Cochran" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    It would be better for you to stop using the word “urgent” in your subject line. The fact is, your rush is not an emergency for mailing list readers. I consider it to have a bullying flavor.

    Why not use a little politeness instead of attempting to rush others for your personal purposes?

    Thanks

    Bob

    > On Oct 4, 2018, at 11:34 AM, ranzhang35 <[hidden email]> wrote:
    >
    > if there are 100 data points for X-axis, instead of showing 100 tick marks, I
    > just want to show 10 tick marks and have labels (10. 20. 30…) under each
    > tick mark.
    >
    > can someone tell me how to do it in POI 3.17?
    >
    > I think in POI 4.0.0, there is xddf chart type which allows set the scaling
    > of axis, but xddf isn't available in POI 3.17.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com%2FPOI-User-f2280730.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7CDavid.Crocker%40nrel.gov%7Cd26b159ff9ee4824a41b08d62a0fd1d3%7Ca0f29d7e28cd4f5484427885aee7c080%7C0%7C0%7C636742644773606322&amp;sdata=g0uNL1quXRh3mVtM7XD0ZF%2BI1xutoMNpho6pFnAj%2BbU%3D&amp;reserved=0

RE: Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

Murphy, Mark
If it is really that urgent, why don't you look at how POI 4.0.0 does it, and try to work that into POI 3.17. Surely you can do that faster than someone here since we all work on this in our own free time, and it appears to be what you are working on at work right now. I'll give you a hint, you are going to have to dig down into the CT classes, and apply the correct ones in the correct order. You can find documentation on the spec at https://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-376.htm

Be sure to look at the 1st edition spec as that is the one I think we are compiling at v3.17 (maybe we upgraded a bit in 4.0.0)

It would be better for you to stop using the word “urgent” in your subject line. The fact is, your rush is not an emergency for mailing list readers. I consider it to have a bullying flavor.

Why not use a little politeness instead of attempting to rush others for your personal purposes?

Thanks

Bob

> On Oct 4, 2018, at 11:34 AM, ranzhang35 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> if there are 100 data points for X-axis, instead of showing 100 tick
> marks, I just want to show 10 tick marks and have labels (10. 20. 30…)
> under each tick mark.
>
> can someone tell me how to do it in POI 3.17?
>
> I think in POI 4.0.0, there is xddf chart type which allows set the
> scaling of axis, but xddf isn't available in POI 3.17.
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-User-f2280730.html

RE: Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

ranzhang35
Mark:
        please email me at rzhang at mkprod.com

        I have multiple projects and I'm a hardware engineer.  I will issue
you a PO for your time if you know how to resolve this issue.

Re: Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

Mark Murphy
Sorry, I have a real job, and I don't have a lot of free time.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 12:43 PM ranzhang35 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mark:
>         please email me at rzhang at mkprod.com
>
>         I have multiple projects and I'm a hardware engineer.  I will issue
> you a PO for your time if you know how to resolve this issue.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-User-f2280730.html

Re: Urgent: using POI 3.17, how to change X-Axis scaling using xssf chart

mkirsten
This conversation should be saved to the world after us