Snapshot repository

Ghazi TRIKI
Hello,

I know that the latest snapshot can be downloaded from the official Jenkins. However I did not find it in any of the online repositories because I would like to use it on a project. Did I miss a repository where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying snapshots to artifacts repositories?

Thanks

Re: Snapshot repository

Nick Burch-2
On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Ghazi TRIKI wrote:
> I know that the latest snapshot can be downloaded from the official
> Jenkins. However I did not find it in any of the online repositories
> because I would like to use it on a project. Did I miss a repository
> where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying snapshots to
> artifacts repositories?

General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates
etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't
be a substitute for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely
published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc

Re: Snapshot repository

kiwiwings
Hi Ghazi,

I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...

You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/

This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata files.

A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the artifacts into your local repo.

If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.

Andi

On 10.01.20 17:28, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Ghazi TRIKI wrote:
>> I know that the latest snapshot can be downloaded from the official Jenkins. However I did not find it in any of the online repositories because I would like to use it on a project. Did I miss a repository where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying snapshots to artifacts repositories?
>
> General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc
>
> Nick

Re: Snapshot repository

Ghazi TRIKI
Hello Andreas,

Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is something were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then the conversion to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt . The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide an updated example?

Thank you

On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ghazi,
>
> I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...
>
> You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
>
> This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata files.
>
> A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the artifacts into your local repo.
>
> If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
>
> Andi
>

> On 10.01.20 17:28, Nick Burch wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Ghazi TRIKI wrote:
> >> I know that the latest snapshot can be downloaded from the official Jenkins. However I did not find it in any of the online repositories because I would like to use it on a project. Did I miss a repository where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying snapshots to artifacts repositories?
> >
> > General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc
> >
> > Nick

Re: Snapshot repository

PJ Fanning
That txt file seems to be out of date.

Would you be able to try PPTX2PNG.java instead?

On Monday 13 January 2020, 21:22:33 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is something were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then the conversion to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt . The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide an updated example?

Thank you

On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ghazi,
>
> I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...
>
> You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
>
> This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata files.
>
> A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the artifacts into your local repo.
>
> If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
>
> Andi
>

> On 10.01.20 17:28, Nick Burch wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Jan 2020, Ghazi TRIKI wrote:
> >> I know that the latest snapshot can be downloaded from the official Jenkins. However I did not find it in any of the online repositories because I would like to use it on a project. Did I miss a repository where it could be in? Or is there a policy not deploying snapshots to artifacts repositories?
> >
> > General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc
> >
> > Nick

Re: Snapshot repository

I've also created a howto page:

http://poi.apache.org/components/slideshow/ppt-wmf-emf-renderer.html

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Snapshot repository

Ghazi TRIKI
Hello,

I tried to use the utility class with the following command

java -cp "./poi-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-schemas-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;ooxml-lib/curvesapi-1.06.jar;ooxml-lib/xmlbeans-3.1.0.jar;lib/activation-1.1.1.jar;lib/commons-codec-1.13.jar;lib/commons-collections4-4.4.jar;lib/commons-compress-1.19.jar;lib/commons-logging-1.2.jar;lib/commons-math3-3.6.1.jar;lib/jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar.jar;lib/jaxb-core-2.3.0.1.jar;lib/jaxb-impl-2.3.2.jar;lib/junit-4.12.jar;lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar;lib/SparseBitSet-1.2.jar.jar" "org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG" -format png -slide 2 -outdir . somePowerpoint.pptx

But I got this error

Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG

Any clue?

On 2020/01/13 22:27:22, PJ Fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That txt file seems to be out of date.
>
> Would you be able to try PPTX2PNG.java instead?
>

> On Monday 13 January 2020, 21:22:33 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is something were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then the conversion to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt . The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide an updated example?
>
> Thank you
>
> On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Ghazi,
> >
> > I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> > From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...
> >
> > You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
> >
> > This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata files.
> >
> > A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the artifacts into your local repo.
> >
> > If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> > If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
> >
> > Andi

> > > General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc
> > >
> > > Nick

Re: Snapshot repository

PJ Fanning
 I suspect it's your -cp - shouldn't the jar separators be ':' as opposed to ';'.
Wouldn't it be easier to use wildcards in the -cp param too?

    On Tuesday 14 January 2020, 12:03:40 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hello,

I tried to use the utility class with the following command

java -cp "./poi-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-schemas-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;ooxml-lib/curvesapi-1.06.jar;ooxml-lib/xmlbeans-3.1.0.jar;lib/activation-1.1.1.jar;lib/commons-codec-1.13.jar;lib/commons-collections4-4.4.jar;lib/commons-compress-1.19.jar;lib/commons-logging-1.2.jar;lib/commons-math3-3.6.1.jar;lib/jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar.jar;lib/jaxb-core-2.3.0.1.jar;lib/jaxb-impl-2.3.2.jar;lib/junit-4.12.jar;lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar;lib/SparseBitSet-1.2.jar.jar" "org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG" -format png -slide 2 -outdir . somePowerpoint.pptx

But I got this error

Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG

Any clue?

On 2020/01/13 22:27:22, PJ Fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That txt file seems to be out of date.
>
> Would you be able to try PPTX2PNG.java instead?
>

> On Monday 13 January 2020, 21:22:33 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is something were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then the conversion to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt . The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide an updated example?
>
> Thank you
>
> On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Ghazi,
> >
> > I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> > From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...
> >
> > You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> > https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
> >
> > This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata files.
> >
> > A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the artifacts into your local repo.
> >
> > If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> > If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
> >
> > Andi

> > > General ASF policy is that snapshots / nightly builds / release candidates etc are only for testing use by involved community members, and shouldn't be a substitute for a proper release. So, they are not generally widely published, as per http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#host-rc
> > >
> > > Nick

Re: Snapshot repository

Ghazi TRIKI
It was the jar separator. Thank you.

To Andreas, I have run some tests for converting PPTX to PNG. The result should be in your private inbox :). I would say 95% of the cases work fine

Then next I would like to export PPTX to SVG. The updated documentation does not show how to convert to SVG. Could anyone provide a working example please?

On 2020/01/14 11:34:44, PJ Fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I suspect it's your -cp - shouldn't the jar separators be ':' as opposed to ';'.
> Wouldn't it be easier to use wildcards in the -cp param too?
>
>     On Tuesday 14 January 2020, 12:03:40 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>
> I tried to use the utility class with the following command
>
> java -cp "./poi-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;./poi-ooxml-schemas-4.1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar;ooxml-lib/curvesapi-1.06.jar;ooxml-lib/xmlbeans-3.1.0.jar;lib/activation-1.1.1.jar;lib/commons-codec-1.13.jar;lib/commons-collections4-4.4.jar;lib/commons-compress-1.19.jar;lib/commons-logging-1.2.jar;lib/commons-math3-3.6.1.jar;lib/jaxb-api-2.3.1.jar.jar;lib/jaxb-core-2.3.0.1.jar;lib/jaxb-impl-2.3.2.jar;lib/junit-4.12.jar;lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar;lib/SparseBitSet-1.2.jar.jar" "org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG" -format png -slide 2 -outdir . somePowerpoint.pptx
>
> But I got this error
>
> Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.poi.xslf.util.PPTX2PNG
>
> Any clue?
>
> On 2020/01/13 22:27:22, PJ Fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > That txt file seems to be out of date.
> >
> > Would you be able to try PPTX2PNG.java instead?
> >

> > On Monday 13 January 2020, 21:22:33 GMT+1, Ghazi TRIKI <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Hello Andreas,
> >
> > Thanks for asking !! So yes I did not test the new EMF processing conversion. This is something were were waiting for 2 years. First I want to to test the conversion to SVG then the conversion to PNG. However I am facing some issues by the following this example http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xslf/usermodel/PPTX2SVG.txt . The classes XSLFImageRendener and XSLFRenderingHint cannot be found. Can you please provide an updated example?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > On 2020/01/10 16:50:30, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Ghazi,
> > >
> > > I'm actually interested to get feedback to my EMF stuff.
> > > From your initial mail, I don't know if you actually tested it successfully ... with this snapshot question it looks like you haven't ...
> > >
> > > You can grab the nightly maven artifacts from:
> > > https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.8/ws/build/dist/maven/
> > >
> > > This probably can't be specified as remote repository, as we don't generate any metadata files.
> > >
> > > A different way is to fetch the source files and use "ant mvn-install" to install the artifacts into your local repo.
> > >
> > > If you have any questions about the EMF implemention, please use the mailing list.
> > > If you have any erroneous rendered EMF files, you can send them to me privately.
> > >
> > > Andi

Re: Snapshot repository

kiwiwings
Ghazi TRIKI wrote
> To Andreas, I have run some tests for converting PPTX to PNG. The result
> should be in your private inbox :). I would say 95% of the cases work fine

I'll have a look at the files tonight, but the usual unsupported case are
charts in PPTX. Although there is some implementation going via XDDF to
handle charts, I haven't implemented anything on the Common SL renderer for
it.

Ghazi TRIKI wrote
> Then next I would like to export PPTX to SVG. The updated documentation
> does not show how to convert to SVG. Could anyone provide a working
> example please?

This hasn't been tested at all - you can try your luck with the Batik
Renderer:
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/svg-generator.html

Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html