SXSSF sheets and datavalidation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SXSSF sheets and datavalidation

Yoeri Smets
Hi all,

I'm looking arround to get a dropbox with limited possible value displayed on an SXSSFWorkbook.
I've found several examples for the XSSF api however no implementation is found to create an explicitListConstraint.

Is ther someone out here who has managed to get this up and running ?

Greetz,
Yoeri


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SXSSF sheets and datavalidation

Andreas Reichel
Yoeri,

my advise would be to create a XLSX file with your required constraints
and to use it as a template, which you can open with the SXSSF API in
order to fill it with data.
Pay attention that you will be able to fill on NEW cells (but not to
update/overwrite existing ones).

You could either use header rows or reference sheets for separating
template content from the variable data.
This approach would work of course only, when your contraints
definition is static and not depending on the particular data set.

Cheers
Andreas


On Fri, 2020-05-15 at 13:37 +0000, Yoeri Smets wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm looking arround to get a dropbox with limited possible value
> displayed on an SXSSFWorkbook.I've found several examples for the
> XSSF api however no implementation is found to create an
> explicitListConstraint.
> Is ther someone out here who has managed to get this up and running ?
> Greetz,Yoeri
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> --To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SXSSF sheets and datavalidation

Yoeri Smets
Hi Andreas,

thanks for  the thinking.
Problem is that constraints are not static so can't go with that approach.

Kind regards,
Yoeri


On 2020/05/16 06:29:58, Andreas Reichel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yoeri,
>
> my advise would be to create a XLSX file with your required constraints
> and to use it as a template, which you can open with the SXSSF API in
> order to fill it with data.
> Pay attention that you will be able to fill on NEW cells (but not to
> update/overwrite existing ones).
>
> You could either use header rows or reference sheets for separating
> template content from the variable data.
> This approach would work of course only, when your contraints
> definition is static and not depending on the particular data set.
>
> Cheers
> Andreas
>
>
> On Fri, 2020-05-15 at 13:37 +0000, Yoeri Smets wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm looking arround to get a dropbox with limited possible value
> > displayed on an SXSSFWorkbook.I've found several examples for the
> > XSSF api however no implementation is found to create an
> > explicitListConstraint.
> > Is ther someone out here who has managed to get this up and running ?
> > Greetz,Yoeri
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > --To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SXSSF sheets and datavalidation

Andreas Reichel
Good Morning Yoeri,

if you do not find any better solution, then you could create the XSSF
with the dynamic constraints first, save it and use it as template in
order to fill it with data via SXSSF in a second step.
That is what I would do.

Another approach would be to write the SXSSF first, then to
extract/open the XML sheet and to manipulate that XML sheet
incorporating your constraints.

I understand that these are not your preferred solutions but I do not
know of a better way.

Best regards
Andreas


On Mon, 2020-05-18 at 23:57 +0000, Yoeri Smets wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
> thanks for  the thinking.Problem is that constraints are not static
> so can't go with that approach.
> Kind regards,Yoeri
>
> On 2020/05/16 06:29:58, Andreas Reichel <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> > Yoeri,
> > my advise would be to create a XLSX file with your required
> > constraintsand to use it as a template, which you can open with the
> > SXSSF API inorder to fill it with data.Pay attention that you will
> > be able to fill on NEW cells (but not toupdate/overwrite existing
> > ones).
> > You could either use header rows or reference sheets for
> > separatingtemplate content from the variable data.This approach
> > would work of course only, when your contraintsdefinition is static
> > and not depending on the particular data set.
> > CheersAndreas
> >
> > On Fri, 2020-05-15 at 13:37 +0000, Yoeri Smets wrote:
> > > Hi all,I'm looking arround to get a dropbox with limited possible
> > > valuedisplayed on an SXSSFWorkbook.I've found several examples
> > > for theXSSF api however no implementation is found to create
> > > anexplicitListConstraint.Is ther someone out here who has managed
> > > to get this up and running ?Greetz,Yoeri
> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > > ------To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > >
> >
> >
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------
> --To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SXSSF sheets and datavalidation

Yoeri Smets
Hi Andreas,

thanks for the pointers, currently we are doing the file as XSSF and willl load test in our UAT environment.
If it does kill the memoty over ther I will try to go with the appoach as you described.

Thanks you verry much for the help

On 2020/05/19 06:39:47, Andreas Reichel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good Morning Yoeri,
>
> if you do not find any better solution, then you could create the XSSF
> with the dynamic constraints first, save it and use it as template in
> order to fill it with data via SXSSF in a second step.
> That is what I would do.
>
> Another approach would be to write the SXSSF first, then to
> extract/open the XML sheet and to manipulate that XML sheet
> incorporating your constraints.
>
> I understand that these are not your preferred solutions but I do not
> know of a better way.
>
> Best regards
> Andreas
>
>
> On Mon, 2020-05-18 at 23:57 +0000, Yoeri Smets wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
> > thanks for  the thinking.Problem is that constraints are not static
> > so can't go with that approach.
> > Kind regards,Yoeri
> >
> > On 2020/05/16 06:29:58, Andreas Reichel <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Yoeri,
> > > my advise would be to create a XLSX file with your required
> > > constraintsand to use it as a template, which you can open with the
> > > SXSSF API inorder to fill it with data.Pay attention that you will
> > > be able to fill on NEW cells (but not toupdate/overwrite existing
> > > ones).
> > > You could either use header rows or reference sheets for
> > > separatingtemplate content from the variable data.This approach
> > > would work of course only, when your contraintsdefinition is static
> > > and not depending on the particular data set.
> > > CheersAndreas
> > >
> > > On Fri, 2020-05-15 at 13:37 +0000, Yoeri Smets wrote:
> > > > Hi all,I'm looking arround to get a dropbox with limited possible
> > > > valuedisplayed on an SXSSFWorkbook.I've found several examples
> > > > for theXSSF api however no implementation is found to create
> > > > anexplicitListConstraint.Is ther someone out here who has managed
> > > > to get this up and running ?Greetz,Yoeri
> > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > ------To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > -------------------------------------------------------------------
> > --To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]