Ready for JDK 9 ?

Rory O'Donnell

Hi Dominik,

Thank you very much for all your testing of JDK 9 during its
development! Such contributions have significantly helped shape and
improve JDK 9.

Now that we have reached the JDK 9 Final Release Candidate phase [1] , I
would like to ask if your project can be considered to be 'ready for JDK
9', or if there are any remaining show stopper issues which you've
encountered when testing with the JDK 9 release candidate.

JDK 9  b181 is available at http://jdk.java.net/9/

If you have a public web page, mailing list post, or even a tweet
announcing you project's readiness for JDK 9, I'd love to add the URL to
the upcoming JDK 9 readiness page on the Quality Outreach wiki.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Rory

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: Ready for JDK 9 ?

Dominik Stadler
Hi Rory,

thinks look good on our side, we run our full unit-test set successfully in
CI at https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-DSL-1.9/.

We now have added a short news-entry that announces support for Java 9 at
http://poi.apache.org/ and a related FAQ entry, you can link to the FAQ
entry at http://poi.apache.org/faq.html#faq-N102B0 for a more permanent
link to information about using Apache POI with Java 9. The details there
will be updated as we go along.

Dominik.

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Rory O'Donnell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Dominik,
>
> Thank you very much for all your testing of JDK 9 during its development!
> Such contributions have significantly helped shape and improve JDK 9.
>
> Now that we have reached the JDK 9 Final Release Candidate phase [1] , I
> would like to ask if your project can be considered to be 'ready for JDK
> 9', or if there are any remaining show stopper issues which you've
> encountered when testing with the JDK 9 release candidate.
>
> JDK 9  b181 is available at http://jdk.java.net/9/
>
> If you have a public web page, mailing list post, or even a tweet
> announcing you project's readiness for JDK 9, I'd love to add the URL to
> the upcoming JDK 9 readiness page on the Quality Outreach wiki.
>

> Looking forward to hearing from you,
> Rory
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk9/
>
> --