Re: POI 4.1.1

Thimo von Rauchhaupt
Hi Andi,

Not sure where my first reply is filed at.

Yes, the trunk / nightly version fixes the problem. But we would love to have a final version included in our software.

Our release is coming nearer, so I have to make the decision on what to do with that problem.

As the last nightly build is from 27.09.  I guess there is not so much work on that branch?  Any plans for the release of 4.1.1 ?

Best wishes,

Thimo

On 2019/09/17 21:52:43, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

> Hi Thimo,>

> > Are there any plans / timelines for this release?>

> so you've validated the trunk/nightly version for your purpose?>

> About a month ago, we had already the discussion about the next release on the dev list ->

> so I guess we will soon do a release. From the point we start the release process, it takes around 1,5 weeks for the release to show up on maven central if all goes well.>

> Best wishes,>

> Andi>

IMPORTANT NOTICE / WICHTIGER HINWEIS
This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us immediately by email or by telephone and then delete this email and any copies of it.
Diese E-Mail koennte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

Re: POI 4.1.1 please release soon and often

Andreas Reichel
Dear All,

compliments. We would like to throw our hat in too.
The nightly builds 4.1.1 contain two massive improvements/fixes for
very large data/files. One related to memory consumption and one
related to writing Zip64 files.

We have been "forced" to deploy these nightly snapshots to four
productive systems already (because we write 900 MB XLSX files). Good
news is: it works very well and without any regression (beside some
smaller code adjustments related to "setCellType()". Although it would
be a lot easier to work with official releases and version numbers.

Thank you all for the great work, we do appreciate it!
Cheers