Re: POI 4.1.1

kiwiwings
Hi Tim,

On 20.09.19 13:55, Tim Allison wrote:
> I think I remember a regression in emf/wmf...could be spurious or my fault
> at the Tika level.

I've just checked my mails for the original emf/wmf issue, which you've (partly) fixed via #63327.

Apart of that you've written:
> "http://162.242.228.174/reports/poi-4.1.0-reports.zip
> 2) The emf/wmf regressions are responsible for the decrease in attachments and common words.
> 3) It looks like there are spacing problems/new line problems with the update emf/wmf code, but that might be on Tika's side."

If this is still a problem, can you provide an example file?

I'll be off again for a week, but I'd really like to push the next POI version.

Regarding XMLBeans (XMLBEANS-536), I haven't touched the project for quite some time, not sure when I will find the muse to continue ... :(

Re: POI 4.1.1

Tim Allison
Andi,
  I’m sorry for my delay. I’ve booked a chunk of time on Monday to look at
this...data is prepped...just need to run latest code and compare. I don’t
want to hold up the release tho...please move forward as you see fit.

   Best,
      Tim

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> On 20.09.19 13:55, Tim Allison wrote:
> > I think I remember a regression in emf/wmf...could be spurious or my
> fault
> > at the Tika level.
>
> I've just checked my mails for the original emf/wmf issue, which you've
> (partly) fixed via #63327.
>
> Apart of that you've written:
> > "http://162.242.228.174/reports/poi-4.1.0-reports.zip
> > 2) The emf/wmf regressions are responsible for the decrease in
> attachments and common words.
> > 3) It looks like there are spacing problems/new line problems with the
> update emf/wmf code, but that might be on Tika's side."
>
> If this is still a problem, can you provide an example file?
>
> I'll be off again for a week, but I'd really like to push the next POI
> version.
>
> Regarding XMLBeans (XMLBEANS-536), I haven't touched the project for quite
> some time, not sure when I will find the muse to continue ... :(
>
> Andi

Re: POI 4.1.1

Tim Allison
Andi and All,
  I don't see anything in emf/wmf parsing any more that should hold up
the release. I opened a trivial, non-blocking issue for better error
reporting.
  Let me know if/when I should run the full regression tests.  Again,
apologies for my delay!

          Cheers,

                     Tim

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 8:38 AM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andi,
>   I’m sorry for my delay. I’ve booked a chunk of time on Monday to look at this...data is prepped...just need to run latest code and compare. I don’t want to hold up the release tho...please move forward as you see fit.
>
>    Best,
>       Tim
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> On 20.09.19 13:55, Tim Allison wrote:
>> > I think I remember a regression in emf/wmf...could be spurious or my fault
>> > at the Tika level.
>>
>> I've just checked my mails for the original emf/wmf issue, which you've (partly) fixed via #63327.
>>
>> Apart of that you've written:
>> > "http://162.242.228.174/reports/poi-4.1.0-reports.zip
>> > 2) The emf/wmf regressions are responsible for the decrease in attachments and common words.
>> > 3) It looks like there are spacing problems/new line problems with the update emf/wmf code, but that might be on Tika's side."
>>
>> If this is still a problem, can you provide an example file?
>>
>> I'll be off again for a week, but I'd really like to push the next POI version.
>>
>> Regarding XMLBeans (XMLBEANS-536), I haven't touched the project for quite some time, not sure when I will find the muse to continue ... :(
>>
>> Andi

Re: POI 4.1.1

Anyone up to act as Release Manager for this release?

I can start regression tests soon as well.

Dominik.

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 4:20 PM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Andi and All,
>   I don't see anything in emf/wmf parsing any more that should hold up
> the release. I opened a trivial, non-blocking issue for better error
> reporting.
>   Let me know if/when I should run the full regression tests.  Again,
> apologies for my delay!
>
>           Cheers,
>
>                      Tim
>

> On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 8:38 AM Tim Allison <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Andi,
> >   I’m sorry for my delay. I’ve booked a chunk of time on Monday to look
> at this...data is prepped...just need to run latest code and compare. I
> don’t want to hold up the release tho...please move forward as you see fit.
> >
> >    Best,
> >       Tim
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 3:05 PM Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Tim,

> fault
> >>
> >> I've just checked my mails for the original emf/wmf issue, which you've
> (partly) fixed via #63327.
> >>
> >> Apart of that you've written:
> attachments and common words.
> the update emf/wmf code, but that might be on Tika's side."
> >>
> >> If this is still a problem, can you provide an example file?
> >>
> >> I'll be off again for a week, but I'd really like to push the next POI
> version.
> >>
> >> Regarding XMLBeans (XMLBEANS-536), I haven't touched the project for
> quite some time, not sure when I will find the muse to continue ... :(
> >>
> >> Andi

Re: POI 4.1.1

kiwiwings
Hi Dominik,

I was struggling with some code changes this week, so I couldn't start
earlier. I'll check, if I can fix #63818 / #63812  and then prepare a
release this evening or tomorrow.

Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: POI 4.1.1

Dominik Stadler
Hi Andi,

Great!

Initial results from a first regression testing run are in already: only 39
newly appearing failures compared to 4.1.0 with more than 2 million
documents being tested now (1.2mio work fine, 370k duplicates, 277k
failures/broken files, 160k invalid file types).

A stackoverflow/endless-regression and two NullPointerException in the HSLF
area seem to be newly introduced.

See
http://people.apache.org/~centic/poi_regression/reports/index410RC2to411RC1.html
and