POI snapshot jars

pj.fanning
Do we publish poi snapshot jars to a maven repo?
I checked http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ but didn't find poi jars.

Re: POI snapshot jars

Nick Burch-2
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017, pj.fanning wrote:
> Do we publish poi snapshot jars to a maven repo? I checked
> http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/ but didn't find poi jars.

On the whole, the ASF isn't a huge fan of letting "general end users" work
with nightly builds/snapshots. Generally, there's a desire that end users
should be able to get recent-ish official releases with their fixes in
from the project. See
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#publication

We do make available nightly builds to help developers / contributors with
testing fixes and new contributions, details near the bottom of
http://poi.apache.org/download.html