POI Source Code

Kais Dukes

Hi POI Developers,

I am taking a look at the POI source code. I have checked out using WinCVS
(I know its possible to do this in Eclipse, but prefer the CVS GUI). I have
built and run tests using the ANT build file.

My question now is this,

How best to set up POI for use with eclipse? The options I see are:

(1) Use eclipse only to edit individual Java files, and compile using ANT
(2) Create new eclipse Java projects for each poi subproject (e.g. hpsf,
hssf, poifs, util. etc).
(3) Somehow create a single Eclipse set up which can compile run /
everything.

What's the best way to get POI into eclipse, to view code, compile, and run
tests?

Regards,

-- Kais

Re: POI Source Code

yunchung hsu
Hi:
We include jar files associated with poi in the project just as other jar files.

Kais Dukes <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi POI Developers,

I am taking a look at the POI source code. I have checked out using WinCVS
(I know its possible to do this in Eclipse, but prefer the CVS GUI). I have
built and run tests using the ANT build file.

My question now is this,

How best to set up POI for use with eclipse? The options I see are:

(1) Use eclipse only to edit individual Java files, and compile using ANT
(2) Create new eclipse Java projects for each poi subproject (e.g. hpsf,
hssf, poifs, util. etc).
(3) Somehow create a single Eclipse set up which can compile run /
everything.

What's the best way to get POI into eclipse, to view code, compile, and run
tests?

Regards,

-- Kais

http://mail.yahoo.com

RE: POI Source Code

Kais Dukes
Hi Yunchung,

My question was about compiling POI using eclipse, not using a pre-compiled
POI with eclipse.

However, thanks for your response -- I've already resolved this now :-)

-- Kais

Re: POI Source Code

andy-2
So I don't use GUI CVS thingies except occassionally in eclipse for
visual DIFFing.  First step...upgrade to a recent eclipse milestone (it
looses its annoying issue with extssh vs ext in CVS/Root files).  Second
step, just use eclipse's ant integration.  You can even tell it when to
run ant and which ant target to run.

I always find I need a special target for unit tests because we put them
in a different classes directory.  My eclipse target just moves them to
the build/classes.