Missing commons-compress jar in dist

Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
Hi,

While trying to experiment the latest build, I noticed the commons-compress-1.20.jar was not present in the binary distribution.

Cheers,
Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ

⁣Obter o BlueMail para Android ​

Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
Hi,

I just dropped the current lib folder of my local project and replaced
its content with the jars from the #977 build.

All tests passed without any trouble. Thanks PJ!

Cheers,
Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ

PS: I understood that JAXB dependencies had been removed recently to
ease the move to Java 11 modules.

Je 2020-05-29 00:45, [hidden email] skribis:

> I fixed the issue with commons-compress.jar. I notice that the
> build.xml assemble target has some other jars that we seem to want to
> include in the tar.gz but the wrong path is provided. I removed the
> junit line but can add it back if it is needed. The jaxb jars are also
> not being included.
>

> On Thursday 28 May 2020, 10:14:43 GMT+2, Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> While trying to experiment the latest build, I noticed the
> commons-compress-1.20.jar was not present in the binary distribution.
>
> Cheers,
> Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
>

> ⁣Obter o BlueMail para Android ​

Next version? - was Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet checked/fixed the release procedures.
I'm currently struggling with #63290.

Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along the xmlbeans-536 branch,
so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.

*Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind, if we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*

Bug 63290 - was Re: Next version?

Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
Hi,

About #63290, I recently pushed a change for XSLTTextRun to recover
the CTTextCharacterProperties from its paragraph default run properties
(defRPr)
when no run properties are defined.

The test is incomplete but at least shows the correct font size for the
provided example.

Best regards,
Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ

Je 2020-05-29 17:49, Andreas Beeker skribis:

> Hi,
>
> the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet
> checked/fixed the release procedures.
> I'm currently struggling with #63290.
>
> Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along
> the xmlbeans-536 branch,
> so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory
> schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.
>

> *Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind,
> if we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*
>

> Andi

Re: Bug 63290 - was Re: Next version?

kiwiwings
I've locally changed the renderer  to calculate the line height differently and to not omit leading line breaks.
The bullets (jitendras 2nd slide) are still positioned wrong and the line spacing in other slides is a bit smaller than before.
Furthermore I'd like to workaround missing symbol fonts, i.e. to use unicode symbols if the font is not installed.

On 29.05.20 19:36, Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ wrote:

> Hi,
>
> About #63290, I recently pushed a change for XSLTTextRun to recover
> the CTTextCharacterProperties from its paragraph default run properties (defRPr)
> when no run properties are defined.
>
> The test is incomplete but at least shows the correct font size for the provided example.
>
> Best regards,
> Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
>
> Je 2020-05-29 17:49, Andreas Beeker skribis:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet
>> checked/fixed the release procedures.
>> I'm currently struggling with #63290.
>>
>> Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along
>> the xmlbeans-536 branch,
>> so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory
>> schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.
>>

>> *Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind,
>> if we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*
>>

>> Andi

Re: Next version? - was Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

fanningpj@apache.org
In terms of next release, I think we should wait until xmlbeans is ready (presumably a v4.0.0 release) and release POI v5.0.0.

If anything pressing needs release in the mean time, we can cherry pick some fixes on a branch derived from the POI 4.1.2 release tag and do an interim POI 4.1.3 release.

On Friday 29 May 2020, 17:49:24 GMT+2, Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet checked/fixed the release procedures.
I'm currently struggling with #63290.

Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along the xmlbeans-536 branch,
so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.

*Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind, if we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*

Re: Next version? - was Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

I am also fine with going for a 5.0.0 in combination with an upcoming
XmlBeans 4.0.0 and drafting a 4.1.3 if necessary.

Dominik.

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 10:29 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> In terms of next release, I think we should wait until xmlbeans is ready
> (presumably a v4.0.0 release) and release POI v5.0.0.
>
> If anything pressing needs release in the mean time, we can cherry pick
> some fixes on a branch derived from the POI 4.1.2 release tag and do an
> interim POI 4.1.3 release.
>

> On Friday 29 May 2020, 17:49:24 GMT+2, Andreas Beeker <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi,
>

> the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet
> checked/fixed the release procedures.
> I'm currently struggling with #63290.
>
> Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along the
> xmlbeans-536 branch,
> so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory
> schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.
>

> *Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind, if
> we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*
>

> Andi

Re: Next version? - was Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

Tim Allison
All,
   From a Tika perspective, I'm happy with 5.0.0 as well...any idea when
the next release will be?  Last release was in February.
  Now that we have the regression testing vm back up and running, I can
kick off tests whenever...
  Thank you!

             Cheers,

                     Tim

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 4:27 AM Dominik Stadler <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am also fine with going for a 5.0.0 in combination with an upcoming
> XmlBeans 4.0.0 and drafting a 4.1.3 if necessary.
>
> Dominik.
>
> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 10:29 PM [hidden email] <
> [hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > In terms of next release, I think we should wait until xmlbeans is ready
> > (presumably a v4.0.0 release) and release POI v5.0.0.
> >
> > If anything pressing needs release in the mean time, we can cherry pick
> > some fixes on a branch derived from the POI 4.1.2 release tag and do an
> > interim POI 4.1.3 release.
> >

> > On Friday 29 May 2020, 17:49:24 GMT+2, Andreas Beeker <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >

> > the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet
> > checked/fixed the release procedures.
> > I'm currently struggling with #63290.
> >
> > Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along the
> > xmlbeans-536 branch,
> > so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory
> > schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.
> >

> > *Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind, if
> > we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*
> >

> > Andi

Re: Next version? - was Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

kiwiwings
Hi Tim,

the Java 9+ upgrade (via multi-release jars) of XmlBeans and POI isn't finished yet.
I think XmlBeans is even not downward compatible anymore - so I need to fix this too.
I guess this will take another few weeks to be completed.

Best wishes,
Andi

On 22.06.20 22:28, Tim Allison wrote:

> All,
>    From a Tika perspective, I'm happy with 5.0.0 as well...any idea when
> the next release will be?  Last release was in February.
>   Now that we have the regression testing vm back up and running, I can
> kick off tests whenever...
>   Thank you!
>
>              Cheers,
>
>                      Tim
>
> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 4:27 AM Dominik Stadler <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am also fine with going for a 5.0.0 in combination with an upcoming
>> XmlBeans 4.0.0 and drafting a 4.1.3 if necessary.
>>
>> Dominik.
>>
>> On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 10:29 PM [hidden email] <
>> [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In terms of next release, I think we should wait until xmlbeans is ready
>>> (presumably a v4.0.0 release) and release POI v5.0.0.
>>>
>>> If anything pressing needs release in the mean time, we can cherry pick
>>> some fixes on a branch derived from the POI 4.1.2 release tag and do an
>>> interim POI 4.1.3 release.
>>>

>>> On Friday 29 May 2020, 17:49:24 GMT+2, Andreas Beeker <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> the JAXB dependency was removed as part of #64411 and I haven't yet
>>> checked/fixed the release procedures.
>>> I'm currently struggling with #63290.
>>>
>>> Before releasing POI 5.0.0, I'd like to try to update XmlBeans along the
>>> xmlbeans-536 branch,
>>> so we can go away from the Jigsaw incompatible main directory
>>> schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.
>>>

>>> *Although 5.0.0 is mentioned in a few files, please make up you mind, if
>>> we release 4.1.3 with minor changes first or go the full step.*
>>>

>>> Andi

Re: Next version? - was Re: Missing commons-compress jar in dist

Tim Allison
That'll be really cool.  Thank you!