Missing binding classes for commercial XQuery libraries

Missing binding classes for commercial XQuery libraries

kiwiwings
Hello devs,

XmlBeans reflects into the following classes (and Saxon helpers) when searching for a Xquery implementation:

- org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.OXQXBXqrlImpl
- org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlImpl
- org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xqrl2002Impl

I still have to find those classes / sources, but they seem to be included in 3rd party libs. [1] [2]

In the advent of using JPMS, those classes should be packaged in the xmlbeans module.

How should we react?

a) keep the old implementation as-is without testing it's functionality - it for sure doesn't work with JPMS
b) try to reach out to the commercial providers and update the adapters
c) remove the obsolete calls and only use Saxon

Andi

[1] https://software.databasedevelop.com/article/14040274/Unable+to+get+Metadata+Manager+for+DVM+%22TicketingServices+resources+XQ+Ticketing_AttributeValuesDVM%22

[2]  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/bdc/big-data-connectors/downloads/index.html (Oracle XQuery for Hadoop)

Re: Missing binding classes for commercial XQuery libraries

Yegor Kozlov-4
I would go for (c) and reflect it in the release notes.
We can always revisit this code and  support commercial providers later .

Yegor

пн, 31 авг. 2020 г., 0:01 Andreas Beeker <[hidden email]>:

> Hello devs,
>
> XmlBeans reflects into the following classes (and Saxon helpers) when
> searching for a Xquery implementation:
>
> - org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.OXQXBXqrlImpl
> - org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.XqrlImpl
> - org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Xqrl2002Impl
>
> I still have to find those classes / sources, but they seem to be included
> in 3rd party libs. [1] [2]
>
> In the advent of using JPMS, those classes should be packaged in the
> xmlbeans module.
>
> How should we react?
>
> a) keep the old implementation as-is without testing it's functionality -
> it for sure doesn't work with JPMS
> b) try to reach out to the commercial providers and update the adapters
> c) remove the obsolete calls and only use Saxon
>
> Andi
>

> [1]
> https://software.databasedevelop.com/article/14040274/Unable+to+get+Metadata+Manager+for+DVM+%22TicketingServices+resources+XQ+Ticketing_AttributeValuesDVM%22
>
> [2]
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/database-technologies/bdc/big-data-connectors/downloads/index.html
> (Oracle XQuery for Hadoop)

Re: Missing binding classes for commercial XQuery libraries

Dominik Stadler
I am also for option c) with a note in the release notes.

D.