MergeField replacement

gerin.bea@gmail.com

I have a .doc file with MERGEFIELD and I use java program and POI 3.16.

Is it possible to search MERGEFIELD and automatically replace with value?
How to do it?

Re: MergeField replacement

You can take a look at https://github.com/centic9/poi-mail-merge/, this is
a small project which uses Apache POI to provide a generic mail-merge
functionality, it does not use the high-level APIs, but rather uses
lower-level XML based APIs to do the searching/replacing of the
marker-fields, maybe a similar approach is possible for your requirement.

Dominik.

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 9:21 PM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have a .doc file with MERGEFIELD and I use java program and POI 3.16.
>
> Is it possible to search MERGEFIELD and automatically replace with value?
> How to do it?

Re: MergeField replacement

angelo
Hi,