Is there a schedule for the next release?

Is there a schedule for the next release?

Mikael Sitruk
Hi
I would like to know when the next release will be released? The 2.5.1 is 8
months old already

Mikael.S

Re: Is there a schedule for the next release?

Avik Sengupta
Personally I would like to see some more time before we cut a release,
since there is, after some months of low activity, some nice momentum in
our development. Further, I would like to ensure all file corruption
issues in 2.5.1 are solved before we do a new release.

Having said that, our release planning (and release numbering) have been
somewhat inconsistent historically :), so the above is certainly likely
to change!

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 00:28 +0200, Mikael Sitruk wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to know when the next release will be released? The 2.5.1 is 8
> months old already
>
> Mikael.S

Re: Is there a schedule for the next release?

Glen Stampoultzis
Avik Sengupta wrote:

>Personally I would like to see some more time before we cut a release,
>since there is, after some months of low activity, some nice momentum in
>our development. Further, I would like to ensure all file corruption
>issues in 2.5.1 are solved before we do a new release.
>
>Having said that, our release planning (and release numbering) have been
>somewhat inconsistent historically :), so the above is certainly likely
>to change!

I wouldn't mind doing a development release.  3.0 alpha1 or something
like that.  There's no reason why that should take too much time and
would give people behind firewalls a chance to test some of the new
features.

Regards,

Glen

RE: Is there a schedule for the next release?

Tsoloane Moahloli
I second that.  People MUST just be aware that this is a development
release.

>Personally I would like to see some more time before we cut a release,
>since there is, after some months of low activity, some nice momentum in
>our development. Further, I would like to ensure all file corruption
>issues in 2.5.1 are solved before we do a new release.
>
>Having said that, our release planning (and release numbering) have been
>somewhat inconsistent historically :), so the above is certainly likely
>to change!

I wouldn't mind doing a development release.  3.0 alpha1 or something
like that.  There's no reason why that should take too much time and
would give people behind firewalls a chance to test some of the new
features.

Regards,

Glen

Re: Is there a schedule for the next release?

acoliver
Well what makes sense is to have a toggle switch for now.  Basically
"yes see the drawing stuff" and "no don't see the drawing stuff".  Or
someone finish the drawing stuff so that it read/writes properly.  The
drawing stuff was a SuperLink Software customer and the deal was to make
it possible to write images not necessarily read them.  Generally we
write estimates to feature complete, but this one was an exception.  It
was probably a mistake to have the image stuff "on" by default since it
does not properly read them.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.

Java to Excel using POI

Re: Is there a schedule for the next release?

Avik Sengupta
I don't think that having only writing functionality (or the fact that
creating a new drawing removes old one's) are necessarily a problem.

AFAICS, the issues are a) some files failing to read, and b) some files
being corrupted on re-write, both of which are obvious regressions from
some of our previous releases.

However, with all the new functionality in, a couple of dev releases on
the way would certainly help.