Infinite loop in SectionIDMap.get() and .put()

Infinite loop in SectionIDMap.get() and .put()

Arjohn Kampman
Hi all,

After upgrading my code to POI 3.17 it runs into an infinite loop and a
subsequent stack overflow when SectionIDMap.getPIDString(ClassID) is
called. This method invokes itself on the instance returned by
SectionIDMap.getInstance(). My guess is that getInstance() should rather
have returned the 'm' Map that is created in this method?

The put(ClassID, PropertyIDMap) method has the same problem. This bug
was introduced in revision 1751165 (3.17-beta1).

Regards,

Arjohn Kampman

Re: Infinite loop in SectionIDMap.get() and .put()

pj.fanning
Hi Arjohn,
Could you log a bugzilla issue? Would it be possible to provide a Java test
case?

Re: Infinite loop in SectionIDMap.get() and .put()

kiwiwings
On 11/22/17 9:01 PM, pj.fanning wrote:
> Hi Arjohn,
> Could you log a bugzilla issue? Would it be possible to provide a Java test
> case?

Reproducing this is easy ... and it's a shame this hasn't bubbled up earlier.
I've fixed and junit-tested it - will commit with bugzilla entry probably tomorrow.

On 22/11/2017 23:22, Andreas Beeker wrote:

> On 11/22/17 9:01 PM, pj.fanning wrote:
>> Hi Arjohn,
>> Could you log a bugzilla issue? Would it be possible to provide a Java test
>> case?
>>
> Reproducing this is easy ... and it's a shame this hasn't bubbled up earlier.
> I've fixed and junit-tested it - will commit with bugzilla entry probably tomorrow.
>
> Andi

Thanks Andi!

--
Arjohn