HSSF Models

Kais Dukes

 Hi POI Developers,

 I am trying to understand the POI user model, and in particular, its
relationship to the low-level model. Digging into the code, I see then when
an existing spreadsheet is loaded, we first create the low-level model, and
then create an equiavalent user model. For example,
HSSFSheet.setPropertiesFromSheet creates HSSFRow and HSSFCell objects for
each row and cell in the spreadsheet.

 I can think of two different scenarios:

 (1) These two models are kept in sync when we remove/add rows and cells.
 or (2) The user model is just a "view" of the underlying low-level model,
and is created on demand.

 I am assuming that HSSF goes for (1) ... am I correct?

 Looking forward to any replies :-)

 -- Kais

Re: HSSF Models

acoliver
ATM, its kinda a mix of the two.  In the near future it will be more #2.

Kais Dukes wrote:

>  Hi POI Developers,
>
>  I am trying to understand the POI user model, and in particular, its
> relationship to the low-level model. Digging into the code, I see then when
> an existing spreadsheet is loaded, we first create the low-level model, and
> then create an equiavalent user model. For example,
> HSSFSheet.setPropertiesFromSheet creates HSSFRow and HSSFCell objects for
> each row and cell in the spreadsheet.
>
>  I can think of two different scenarios:
>
>  (1) These two models are kept in sync when we remove/add rows and cells.
>  or (2) The user model is just a "view" of the underlying low-level model,
> and is created on demand.
>
>  I am assuming that HSSF goes for (1) ... am I correct?
>
>  Looking forward to any replies :-)
>
>  -- Kais

Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.