Fwd: Submission request of a case study

Shivam Kapoor
Dear POI Dev Team,

I would like to make submission of a small case study that I worked
on, at Glassbeam. Though I am not sure if it is worthy enough to be
included as a case study, I leave it up to you guys to decide.

Basically, being a small startup we don't have any attendance
management system in place as of now. So we have a manual register where
 we record our attendance. We also have a biometric scanner to allow
entries through our office gates, which again maintains logs of entries.
 Before we move onto establishing an attendance management system in place,
 we decided to make use of these biometric scanner logs and generate an
excel report instead.

I have come up with a fully working solution which can be found https://github.com/codingkapoor/essl-attendance-report-generator at github that uses Apache POI to create the attendance report
mentioned above. Also, I have blogged about the code design template to
follow while working with excel files in Apache POI http://www.shivamkapoor.com/blogs/technology/2019/07/10/code-design-template-for-apache-poi-based-excel-writers/.

Let me know, if I need to add something to the explanation, if you guys decide to include this contribution as a case study.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam Kapoor

Re: Submission request of a case study

thanks for the submission, we have now added this to
http://poi.apache.org/casestudies.html

Thanks... Dominik.