Financial support to implement bar chart functionality

Financial support to implement bar chart functionality

Guilherme Mussi
Dear POI devs,

I love Apache POI and have been using it for quite a while now.

I am currently in need of a bar chart functionality in POI, just like Line Charts and Scatter Charts, which are already available.
I would like to hire someone to develop this, but I am not sure this is the best place.

I would not mind helping the team financially to further improve the chart functionalities within Apache POI.

Could you please contact me to negotiate this, or indicate me the best place to get this started?
I would not like to hire any dev who has never worked on POI or with OOXML before, as this would probably be too expensive.

Thanks for the excellent work and regards,
Guilherme

Re: Financial support to implement bar chart functionality

Javen O'Neal-2
Which POi modules do you need chart support for? Just XSSF?

There are some improvements in the pipeline. Not sure if it meets your
needs though.
https://github.com/apache/poi/pull/68

On Nov 20, 2017 02:27, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear POI devs,

I love Apache POI and have been using it for quite a while now.

I am currently in need of a bar chart functionality in POI, just like Line
Charts and Scatter Charts, which are already available.
I would like to hire someone to develop this, but I am not sure this is the
best place.

I would not mind helping the team financially to further improve the chart
functionalities within Apache POI.

Could you please contact me to negotiate this, or indicate me the best
place to get this started?
I would not like to hire any dev who has never worked on POI or with OOXML
before, as this would probably be too expensive.

Thanks for the excellent work and regards,
Guilherme

Re: Financial support to implement bar chart functionality

Guilherme Mussi
Yes, just XSSF.
Duplicating a sheet with a chart, and that chart still working on the new sheet would already solve my problem, especially if I can adjust the data source of the axis.
However, as far as I understood the pull request, this is not implemented yet.

The offer stands.

Regards,
Guilherme