Feedback index.html

Vladimir Grishau
Hi professionals,
My name is Vladimir and I am using in one of my android app poi for filling
out few templates .xlsx.
I faced problem with filling one template. Program crashing after trying to
fill all cells at the same time.
I checked my code on laptop. There it is working.
The template is ~ 80 KB.
Can some body help me what is wrong with my code? How to resolve the issue.
Best,
Vladimir

VG

Re: Feedback index.html

kiwiwings
Hi Vladimir,

Disclaimer: I haven't programmed an Android app before, so I can't give you detailed tips about that environment.

> I faced problem with filling one template. Program crashing after trying to
> fill all cells at the same time.
If filling out templates usually works for you and its just this one template, I would start filling out one field and iteratively increase from there.
If this doesn't work at all, there are two approaches:
- either use a working template and consecutively modify it to match the failing one
- or remove elements from the failing one until it works

> The template is ~ 80 KB.
The content gets decompressed in memory - depending on how you are loading it via InputStream or File the amount of used space might differ. The XML is processed via XmlBeans which wraps the XML data and causes even more memory consumption.
So if memory could be a limit and your app has limits applied - you might need to increase those and check if its working.

> Can some body help me what is wrong with my code?
Usually this works a bit different - you need to minimize your code part as much as possible, so that the error still occurs and then provide it.
As Android is not officially supported by us - you might have better chances on the user@ list.

Best wishes,
Andi

On 29.11.19 16:31, Vladimir Grishau wrote:

> Hi professionals,
> My name is Vladimir and I am using in one of my android app poi for filling
> out few templates .xlsx.
> I faced problem with filling one template. Program crashing after trying to
> fill all cells at the same time.
> I checked my code on laptop. There it is working.
> The template is ~ 80 KB.
> Can some body help me what is wrong with my code? How to resolve the issue.
> Best,
> Vladimir
>

> VG

Re: Feedback index.html

Some more details about the "crash" would be helpful, usually on Android
you get some log-output of a stacktrace or similar, without that it is
literally impossible to state what problem you might run into here,
especially as it is on a system that we can not support officially in any
way currently...

Dominik.,