Failing gump tests

pj.fanning
Hi,
I don't know much about the gump tests. They are failing due to the mockito
code. The gump environment seems to be set up with a CLASSPATH environment
variable and this doesn't include mockito or its dependencies (byte-buddy
and objenesis).
Can anyone give me pointers?

http://vmgump-vm3.apache.org/poi/poi/index.html

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Failing gump tests

In general Gump tries to build Apache projects against the latest trunk
versions of all the dependencies, i.e. trunk of commons-*, trunk of ant,
... The idea is to show newly introduced incompatibilities as early as
possible.

Unfortunately the build-configuration of Gump is a bit complicated to
adjust, it relies on some Maven magic to inject the newer files, I have an
installation locally that I used to adjust some small things and can take a
look at the new dependencies if necessary. However it's overall usefulness
is questionable for me, so we could also decide to quit using it and get
rid of this additional hassle each time we add dependencies as we very
rarely detect issues through it at all.

How about a quick vote? Does anybody think we should keep using it for
Apache POI or stop? Let's vote if we should stop using it:

Please vote +1 if you are in favor of discontinuing it's use. -1 if you
think it is useful and should kept operational for Apache POI

I am +1 to stop using the Gump-Service.

Thanks... Dominik.

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 12:59 PM, pj.fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't know much about the gump tests. They are failing due to the mockito
> code. The gump environment seems to be set up with a CLASSPATH environment
> variable and this doesn't include mockito or its dependencies (byte-buddy
> and objenesis).
> Can anyone give me pointers?
>
> http://vmgump-vm3.apache.org/poi/poi/index.html
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Failing gump tests

Greg Woolsey
+1 to stop.

I thought it was for something that depended on POI, not the other way
around.

On Sun, Feb 4, 2018, 05:11 Dominik Stadler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In general Gump tries to build Apache projects against the latest trunk
> versions of all the dependencies, i.e. trunk of commons-*, trunk of ant,
> ... The idea is to show newly introduced incompatibilities as early as
> possible.
>
> Unfortunately the build-configuration of Gump is a bit complicated to
> adjust, it relies on some Maven magic to inject the newer files, I have an
> installation locally that I used to adjust some small things and can take a
> look at the new dependencies if necessary. However it's overall usefulness
> is questionable for me, so we could also decide to quit using it and get
> rid of this additional hassle each time we add dependencies as we very
> rarely detect issues through it at all.
>
> How about a quick vote? Does anybody think we should keep using it for
> Apache POI or stop? Let's vote if we should stop using it:
>
> Please vote +1 if you are in favor of discontinuing it's use. -1 if you
> think it is useful and should kept operational for Apache POI
>
> I am +1 to stop using the Gump-Service.
>
> Thanks... Dominik.
>
> On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 12:59 PM, pj.fanning <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I don't know much about the gump tests. They are failing due to the
> mockito
> > code. The gump environment seems to be set up with a CLASSPATH
> environment
> > variable and this doesn't include mockito or its dependencies (byte-buddy
> > and objenesis).
> > Can anyone give me pointers?
> >
> > http://vmgump-vm3.apache.org/poi/poi/index.html
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Failing gump tests

pj.fanning
+1 to remove jump tests

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html

Re: Failing gump tests

Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ
+1 to leave the Gump biosphere

⁣Gesendet mit BlueMail ​

Re: Failing gump tests

+1 for removing/disabling the poi-gump module

Andi.

Re: Failing gump tests

leebanga lee
+1 to leave

On Feb 4, 2018 7:46 PM, "Andreas Beeker" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for removing/disabling the poi-gump module
>
> Andi.

Re: Failing gump tests

leebanga lee
@Dominik