Extensibility for functions in formulas on HSSF

Extensibility for functions in formulas on HSSF

Michel Bertrand
Hi !
I would like to add some of my business formulas in HSSF Formula
Support, like financial mathematics.
How can I do that ? I take a look on the code which loads all functions
for HSSF and I would like to make
it flexible to support user custom formulas. But I would like to know if
you contributors have any ideia on
how to do it, do you have ? And so, I would like to donate that code and
my formulas to the project
upon the contributors agree it could be valuable !

Thanks in advance !
Michel Bertrand.

Re: Extensibility for functions in formulas on HSSF

nchandra

Michel Bertrand <michel.bertrand <at> datasul.com.br> writes:

> Hi !
> I would like to add some of my business formulas in HSSF Formula
> Support, like financial mathematics.
> How can I do that ? I take a look on the code which loads all functions
> for HSSF and I would like to make
> it flexible to support user custom formulas. But I would like to know if
> you contributors have any ideia on
> how to do it, do you have ? And so, I would like to donate that code and
> my formulas to the project
> upon the contributors agree it could be valuable !
>
> Thanks in advance !
> Michel Bertrand.

Hi,
I tried doing the same but as far as I know, there isnt any support
for user custom formulas. but if excel supports your
business formulas (plugin or sumthing), then you
can extend HSSF and write those functions using HSSF.
Otherwise you can only write
those functions for which excel provides support.
Let me know if you need more help on this.

Nishant