Exception

Jojy G Varghese
All
       Thanks in advance. I am a first time user of POI and am having
trouble trying to read an XLS (Windows XP) with a lot of macros and
Activex objects in it. All i want to do is get data from this excel sheet
and write it to another XLS after some manipulations. I am getting this
exception:

[WARNING] Unknown Ptg 3c (60)
Method)
       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
       at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
       at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java:224)
       at
org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.java:160)
       at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:163)
       at
org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:130)

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Jojy

American Express made the following
annotations on 05/11/05 15:17:11

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. Thank you."

American Express made the following
 annotations on 05/12/05 12:21:02

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

R S

Re: Exception

R S
This is a warning. Something got to do with lack of support for
formulae. Hopefully future versions will resolve this. Your
application should still work.

On 5/12/05, Jojy G Varghese <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All
>       Thanks in advance. I am a first time user of POI and am having
> trouble trying to read an XLS (Windows XP) with a lot of macros and
> Activex objects in it. All i want to do is get data from this excel sheet
> and write it to another XLS after some manipulations. I am getting this
> exception:
>
> [WARNING] Unknown Ptg 3c (60)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>       at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>       at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java:224)
>       at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.java:160)
>       at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:163)
>       at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:130)
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Jojy
>
> American Express made the following
> annotations on 05/11/05 15:17:11
>
> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
> and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
> information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
> e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
> attachments. Thank you."

> American Express made the following
> annotations on 05/12/05 12:21:02
>
> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

Re: Exception

Jojy G Varghese
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the application just stops after
this Exception is thrown.

Please respond to "POI Users List" <[hidden email]>; Please
respond to "R S" <[hidden email]>
To:     "POI Users List" <[hidden email]>
cc:

Subject:        Re: Exception

This is a warning. Something got to do with lack of support for
formulae. Hopefully future versions will resolve this. Your
application should still work.

On 5/12/05, Jojy G Varghese <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All
>       Thanks in advance. I am a first time user of POI and am having
> trouble trying to read an XLS (Windows XP) with a lot of macros and
> Activex objects in it. All i want to do is get data from this excel
sheet

> and write it to another XLS after some manipulations. I am getting this
> exception:
>
> [WARNING] Unknown Ptg 3c (60)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source)
>       at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
>       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
>       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecord(RecordFactory.java:224)
>       at

org.apache.poi.hssf.record.RecordFactory.createRecords(RecordFactory.java:160)

>       at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:163)
>       at
> org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(HSSFWorkbook.java:130)
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Jojy
>
> American Express made the following
> annotations on 05/11/05 15:17:11

> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
> and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
> information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.
If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
> e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
> attachments. Thank you."

> American Express made the following
> annotations on 05/12/05 12:21:02

> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
attachments. Thank you."

American Express made the following
 annotations on 05/18/05 08:45:07

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

Re: Exception

acoliver

Stopping is probably unrelated to the warning.  Check your heap/garbage
collection.  We're already working on making POIFS/HSSF take less memory
(more details on this later), but that's the general bind with the
present release.

-Andy

Jojy G Varghese wrote:

> [...]
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
> information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
> e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
> attachments. Thank you."

> American Express made the following
>  annotations on 05/18/05 08:45:07
>
> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.

Java to Excel using POI

Re: Exception

Jojy G Varghese
Thanks for the response. I tried increasing the heap upto 1G and still the
same(application is killed).

regards
Jojy

Please respond to "POI Users List" <[hidden email]>; Please
respond to [hidden email]
To:     [hidden email]
cc:

Jojy G Varghese wrote:
> [...]

> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the

> information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited.
If
> you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply

> e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any
> attachments. Thank you."

> American Express made the following
>  annotations on 05/18/05 08:45:07

> "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any

 annotations on 05/20/05 09:03:48

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

Re: Exception

acoliver
Okay, do you have something you can attach to the buzilla that demos this?

-Andy

Andrew C. Oliver
SuperLink Software, Inc.

Java to Excel using POI