Excel file crashes on opening

nchandra
I modified abstractfunctionptg class (functions - producehash and
functiondata) to accept a new formula name. It now accepts new
function name but when I write the function using setcellformula and
the later open the file, it gives an error and crashes. When I read
the formula using getcellformula, I can do it without any problems.

I tried debugging and the formula name passed and no of arguments is correct.
THe function is a valid function in excel. iS this a bug?

Re: Excel file crashes on opening

Avik Sengupta
They way to debug this is:
1. Create a file in excel with only this formula in a cell
2. Create a similar file in POI.

run BiffViewer on the files, and do a diff in the cell records. See what
differs, and try to fix that. BiffViewer has some options to show extra
details about formulas, see the source.