Cannot extract texts from PowerPoint 95

Yamaguchi, Yudai
Hello all,

I'd like to ask you about processing when extracting texts from a PowerPoint 95 file.
I attempted to process a ppt file created with PowerPoint 95, there is always an following error:

Org.apache.poi.hslf.exceptions.OldPowerPointFormatException:
Based on the Current User stream, you seem to have a supplied PowerPoint 95 file, which is not supported

If you know, could you please tell me how to extract text data from PowerPoint 95 file?
I can extract texts from a Word 95 file using HWPFOldDocument class.
And I also can extract texts from a Excel 95 file using OldExcelExtractor class.
I wonder if there is a similar class which is used for extracting texts from PowerPoint 95.

Thanks in advance.

株式会社FRONTEO
行動情報科学研究所
山口 裕大

108-0075
東京都港区港南2-12-23明産高浜ビル
TEL 03-5463-2070  FAX 03-5463-6345
[hidden email]
www.fronteo.com
この電子メール(添付ファイル等を含む)は、宛先として意図した特定の相手に
送信したものであり秘匿特権の対象になる情報を含んでいます。
もし、意図した相手以外の方が受信された場合はこのメールを破棄していただく
とともに、このメールについて、一切の開示、複写、配布、その他の利用または
記載内容に基づくいかなる行動もされないようにお願いします。

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential,
legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein
(including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

Re: Cannot extract texts from PowerPoint 95

kiwiwings
> If you know, could you please tell me how to extract text data from PowerPoint 95 file?

Sorry ... this hasn't been implemented yet - I haven't checked their sources, but maybe TIKA is able to extract the text from Powerpoint 95 (... although they usually depend on us for processing BIFF documents ...)