CLI for POIFS

Jarl Friis
Hi.

As explained on http://poi.apache.org/components/poifs/index.html
POIFS is a library to handle POIFS files just like a zip-container.

I would like to simply unpack an MSI file. As I understand it MSI
files are also just POIFS files.

Is there a command line tool to just unpack any OLE2, i.e. POIFS file?

Jarl

Re: CLI for POIFS

I don't think there is one, although it would probably be not hard to write
one.

Any takers?

Dominik.

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 8:29 AM Jarl Friis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> As explained on http://poi.apache.org/components/poifs/index.html
> POIFS is a library to handle POIFS files just like a zip-container.
>
> I would like to simply unpack an MSI file. As I understand it MSI
> files are also just POIFS files.
>
> Is there a command line tool to just unpack any OLE2, i.e. POIFS file?
>
> Jarl

Re: CLI for POIFS

Please also have a look at
http://people.apache.org/~kiwiwings/20140908_MSIAPI_JUnitTests.zip

This is a bit out-dated, but probably a good starting point.

Re: CLI for POIFS

Nick Burch-2
On Wed, 21 Nov 2018, Jarl Friis wrote:
> As explained on http://poi.apache.org/components/poifs/index.html
> POIFS is a library to handle POIFS files just like a zip-container.
>
> Is there a command line tool to just unpack any OLE2, i.e. POIFS file?

org.apache.poi.poifs.dev.POIFSDump may do what you want

Re: CLI for POIFS

Jarl Friis
Thank you for all replies.

I will take a look at it.

Jarl

Den ons. 21. nov. 2018 kl. 11.58 skrev Nick Burch <[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 21 Nov 2018, Jarl Friis wrote:
> > As explained on http://poi.apache.org/components/poifs/index.html
> > POIFS is a library to handle POIFS files just like a zip-container.
> >
> > Is there a command line tool to just unpack any OLE2, i.e. POIFS file?
>
> org.apache.poi.poifs.dev.POIFSDump may do what you want
>
> Nick

Jarl Friis
Softace ApS
RĂ„dhustorvet 7, 2.