Adding mockito as testCompile dependency in poi:main module

Adding mockito as testCompile dependency in poi:main module

gallon.fizik@gmail.com
Hello devs,

I've been working with poi ss intensively over the last two years and would like to contribute.
I am ready to ship well described and tested patches once in a while.

Say, right now I fown a bug in FormulaRenderer: an external name which looks like a valid column name ([0]!SAY) causes the parser to fail. I have a patch but I also would like to include a test. It would be nice to test FormulaRenderer in isolation using Mockito but Mockito isn't listed as a dependency for poi:main (but is for poi:ooxml). As it's a project-level intrusion, I hereby ask: is it ok to add Mockito as testCompile dependency in poi:main module?

Re: Adding mockito as testCompile dependency in poi:main module

the ant build uses already mockito for the main module.

There are two maven areas:
- maven/*.pom: are used for the distribution. There are still test dependencies in there, but I would rather remove them
- sonar/*.pom: are used for the jenkins builds, feel free to add mockito there

Please also add it to the gradle build.

If you use a newer version than the one used in the ant build, please also update the link there.

Re: Adding mockito as testCompile dependency in poi:main module

pj.fanning
Thanks for your contributions.

Feel free to use Mockito in any of the submodules you need to use it in.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html