Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network for
distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may not
have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another mirror.
This also goes for Maven access.
The most notable changes in this release are:
* Jigsaw/JPMS support - layout of the schema classes changed - regeneration of the schema classes is recommended
* XMLBEANS-536: Increase Java 9+ compatibility
* XMLBEANS-548: XmlDocumentProperties.setStandalone is ignored when saving
* XMLBEANS-542: SAX Parsing should not fail if parser does not allow the setting of declaration-handler
* XMLBEANS-540: Prevent trim of elements when pretty print is used
* XMLBEANS-539: Support Saxon-HE 10 as an XPath engine
People interested should also follow the *POI* dev mailing list to track further progress.
This release comes in two forms:
- pre-built binaries containing compiled versions of all Apache XMLBeans components and documentation
(xmlbeans-bin-4.0.0-20201016.zip or xmlbeans-bin-4.0.0-20201016.tgz)
- source archive you can build XMLBeans from (xmlbeans-src-4.0.0-20201016.zip or xmlbeans-src-4.0.0-20201016.tgz)
Unpack the archive and use the following command to build all XMLBeans components with Apache Ant 1.8+ and JDK 1.8 or higher:
Pre-built versions of all XMLBeans components are also available in the central Maven repository
under Group ID "org.apache.xmlbeans" and Version "4.0.0"
All release artifacts are accompanied by SHA checksums and PGP signatures
that you can use to verify the authenticity of your download.
The public key used for the PGP signature can be found at
XMLBeans is a tool that allows access to the full power of XML in a Java friendly way.
The idea is to take advantage of the richness and features of XML and XML Schema
and have these features mapped as naturally as possible to the equivalent Java
language and typing constructs.
Seehttps://xmlbeans.apache.org for more details
About Apache POI
Apache POI is well-known in the Java field as a library for reading and
writing Microsoft Office file formats, such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word,
Visio, Publisher and Outlook. It supports both the older (OLE2) and
new (OOXML - Office Open XML) formats.