4.0.1 build fails - no RELEASE-NOTES.txt in git

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

4.0.1 build fails - no RELEASE-NOTES.txt in git

Filipp Gunbin
Hi,

I've cloned poi from git, checked out 4.0.1, then do `ant dist', and get
this:

BUILD FAILED
/Users/fgunbin/src/poi-4.0.1/build.xml:2049: Warning: Could not find file /Users/fgunbin/src/poi-4.0.1/src/documentation/RELEASE-NOTES.txt to copy.

Seems that release-notes is missing from source, or am I doing something
wrong?

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.0.1 build fails - no RELEASE-NOTES.txt in git

kiwiwings
Hi Filipp,

the documentation directory is a svn external, which is apparently not mirrored to github.
In case you would like verify the 4.0.1 build, the svn tag [1] should work ... hopefully.

Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to run "ant dist" on a released version?

Andi

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/tags/REL_4_0_1/


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.0.1 build fails - no RELEASE-NOTES.txt in git

Filipp Gunbin
Hi Andreas,

On 26/12/2018 21:31 +0100, Andreas Beeker wrote:

> Hi Filipp,
>
> the documentation directory is a svn external, which is apparently not
> mirrored to github.  In case you would like verify the 4.0.1 build,
> the svn tag [1] should work ... hopefully.

I see, thanks.  It'd be nice to be able to build from git also (perhaps,
a git submodule for documentation directory?)

> Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to run "ant dist" on a
> released version?

Just a usual habit of building everything (including docs) from
version-controlled sources :-)

Filipp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.0.1 build fails - no RELEASE-NOTES.txt in git

Dave Fisher-5
Hi -

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 26, 2018, at 4:17 PM, Filipp Gunbin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
>> On 26/12/2018 21:31 +0100, Andreas Beeker wrote:
>>
>> Hi Filipp,
>>
>> the documentation directory is a svn external, which is apparently not
>> mirrored to github.  In case you would like verify the 4.0.1 build,
>> the svn tag [1] should work ... hopefully.
>
> I see, thanks.  It'd be nice to be able to build from git also (perhaps,
> a git submodule for documentation directory?)
>
>> Just out of curiosity, why are you trying to run "ant dist" on a
>> released version?
>
> Just a usual habit of building everything (including docs) from
> version-controlled sources :-)

The dist target is meant for the release manager. Please see https://poi.apache.org/devel/index.html where targets are documented. (I hope correctly.)

Regards,
Dave


>
> Filipp
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 4.0.1 build fails - no RELEASE-NOTES.txt in git

Filipp Gunbin
On 26/12/2018 18:20 -0800, Dave Fisher wrote:

> The dist target is meant for the release manager. Please see
> https://poi.apache.org/devel/index.html where targets are
> documented. (I hope correctly.)

There's no mention of dist on that page, but ant's help target shows

..
- assemble    Produce the zipped distribution files
- site        Generate all documentation (Requires Apache Forrest)
- dist        Create a distribution (Requires Apache Forrest)

From this description, `dist' looks as appropriate for a user..

Filipp

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]